Friday Fun Finds - 4 Things to do Next Week


List: The Things that are Saving my Life Right Now

Some seasons of life are extra hard. For some, winter is that season. Others, struggle more at different stages of motherhood or life. Maybe your difficult season involves a lost job or a failed relationship. This article by Anne from Modern Mrs. Darcy asks you to answer the question, "What is saving your life right now?" If you are going through a difficult season, I encourage to take a moment and answer this. Think both big and small. 

Watch & Do: Mommy and Me Low Impact Cardio

Getting you blood flowing is a great way to break up your day and boost your mood. This work out by Jessica Smith is designed for postnatal moms and can be done while baby wearing. I tried this work out, minus the baby wearing, and thought it was pretty good. It didn't require any equipment, worked in a small space, keeps you on your feet so you aren't a jungle gym for other kids and I was able to work up a little bit of a sweat.


Listen to: God Centered Mom Podcast

Sometimes you need to hear some wisdom, and a voice that belongs to someone over three feet tall. Step in the podcast. God Centered Mom was recommended by a friend. I haven't listened to many of these yet but I listened to Ep. 106 That's Me...sleep deprived and needing Jesus and I know I'll be back for more! Such a wonderful reminder that we are not alone, plus concrete ideas I can actually work to implement now. Also, as I listened, I couldn't help but hear different themes that we have been talking about at MOPS and on the blog. Definitely worth checking.


Eat: Panera Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe

My family loves soup. One of our family's favorite is Panera's Broccoli Cheddar and this recipe by Stephanie at Mommy Musings is the closest copycat I've found so far. Thick and creamy, comfort in a bowl. 


PS. For more Friday Fun Finds click here.


Kristen is a wife and mother who likes to pretend that she can cook, write and create. She is a little compulsive when it comes to cleaning and organizing and has an ever growing love of dark chocolate, tea and Jane Austen. But mostly, she is a woman trying to figure out how to live a life she can be proud of.

Comments