Most of us have heard about the importance of keeping our relationship with our spouses strong and central in our lives. How, besides our relationship with God, the spousal relationship should be the most important relationship we have. But actually doing it: putting the time and effort into maintain that relationship is hard! Being parents of preschoolers, it is easy for both husband and wife to get wrapped up in wiping snotty noses, picking up piles of messes and all the things that are necessary to keep a household functioning. But we really do need to make time for each other, and that is where date night comes in.
Our MOPS ladies have been kind enough to share some great, local date night ideas*. Read through the list below and pick one out. We challenge you to make date night a priority this month.
- Browsing Barnes & Noble with coffee
- For an extra special local getaway, the Alderbrook Resort and Spa
- Hanging out at the Game Wizard and Blue Sky Hobbies
- Indoor rock climbing at Island Rock Gym on Bainbridge Island
- Mini golf at the Northwest Golf Range
- Tour of downtown Poulsbo's art galleries -
- Sportsman's Shooting Range
- Visit Goodwill and try to find the tackiest thing or give spending limit and find gifts for each other.
- Visit the Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island
- Visit the Admiral Theatre in Bremerton
- Anthony's for sunset dinner (served berfore 6 pm)
- El Balcon
- The Boat Shed
- See a film at the Bremerton Cinema and have dinner at Bremerton Bar & Grill (get free dessert or free popcorn)
- Thursday night special (dinner for 2 for $50) at Der Blokken Brewery
- La Fermatta
- Enjoy appetizers and drinks at Toro Lounge
- The Four Swallows on Bainbridge Island
- The Harbour Public House on Bainbridge Island
- Drive up to Port Townsend for Thai food
Taking date night outside of the house not feasible right now? Check back next week for Date Night Part II - Night In.So how about it? What is your favorite date night place/activity on the Kitsap Peninsula? Did you take the challenge to have a date this month? Tell us about your date night.
*These suggestions and opinions are gathered from MOPS moms and are not necessarily endorsed by MOPS International or PBF MOPS.