Baby It's Cold Outside - Parent Style!


You know that song: baby it's cold outside? Well, our sweet Kristin re-wrote the lyrics for fun. Picture her and hubby, all cozy and snuggly together in the wee morning hours. Kristin's part is on the left, and her hubby's on the right. 


I really can't stay                            Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go 'way                          Baby it's cold outside
This morning has been                     Been hopin' that you'd stay in
So very nice                                  I'll hold your hands, they're cold as ice
Arianna will start to worry               Beautiful what's your hurry
Cherrios will be crushed on the floor Listen to that fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry                 Beautiful please don't hurry
Maybe just a half a wink more           I won't even mind if you snore

The neighbors might think               Baby it's bad out there
Selah will get her own drink!           No peace to be had out there
I wish I knew how                         Your eyes are so tired now
To break the spell                         I'll pull the covers, your hair looks...well...
I ought to say no,no,no,sir              Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried      The doors are locked, they'll be stuck inside
I really can't stay,                         Baby don't hold out

Ah, but it's cold outside

I simply must go                             The baby is sleeping now
The answer is no                            The baby is SLEEPING NOW
These covers have been                  So lucky that you stayed in
So nice and warm                           Enjoy the calm before the storm
That silence is quite suspicious           Gosh, your lips look delicious
Arianna is now pounding the door        Waves upon tropical shores
Selah can be so very vicious               Oh, your lips are delicious!
Well, maybe just a quick cuddle more    Remember how we slept in before

For the sake of our home                        Oh baby, you'll freeze out there
The volume has grown                            Turn the tv on out there
The mess will be grand                            Thrill when you touch my hand
Oh don't you see                                     How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be fighting and sorrow       I promise I'll get up first tomorrow
At least there will be plenty destroyed         Don't worry darlin, what's a little noise
I really can't stay                                    Get over that hold out

Ah, but it's cold outside



Kristin Guy is an Executive Director of Household Development at Guy, Inc.  She spends her mornings planning playdates, wiping noses, and searching Pinterest for art projects for her girls; and her evenings in rehearsals for her woodwind quintet or symphony orchestra.  She is married to the most wonderful man ever, and has two adorable daughters.  Her beautiful mess can be seen just about any day of the week in her Poulsbo home. 

Comments